Careers at Good Earth Plant Company / GreenScaped Buildings
Headquartered in San Diego, Good Earth Plant Company and GreenScaped Buildings leads the way in improving the quality of life in the home and workplace environment by bringing people and plants together.
Our business is plantscaping. We look for open-minded, energetic, honest people who work well both individually and as a team players. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex or sexual preferences, age, national origin or disability.
Good Earth Plant Company and GreenScaped Buildings offer career opportunities in Design, Sales, Service, Installations, and Administration. Whether you are looking for a job in operations or interested in getting out in the field as a Sales & Design Consultant, Installer, or Service Technician, we would like to offer you the opportunity to talk with us about your future in the green industry.
Senior Sales and Design Representative: Good Earth Plant Company is looking for an experienced salesperson. You will be selling tropical plants, decorative containers, plant maintenance, seasonal color, living walls, moss walls, rooftop gardens, and many types of plant maintenance plans to businesses and organizations.
This is not just a job opportunity—it’s a career opportunity. As an industry leader, our 40-year old company is looking to expand our business with energetic, creative people who know how to sell great products and services.
We’re looking for creative and experienced sales professionals who know how to close a sale, and who know design: how to read a floor plan, size, proportion, color combinations. We can train you in specific plant knowledge if your sales skills are sharp and you’re eager to learn.
You will use your cold calling skills to meet and present interior plant design ideas to commercial and residential clients. A few examples: law offices, accounting firms, insurance companies, corporate centers, office building lobbies, hotels, shopping malls, banks, hospitals, retail sites, and high-end homes.
- Solid, verifiable, prior history of outside sales with an emphasis on new business development.
- Strong prospecting and cold calling skills.
- Friendly attitude with the ability to create and maintain relationships while closing sales.
- Self-starter, organized, able to balance your workday in order to make presentations, create proposals, and schedule new appointments through phone or in person cold calling.
- Must understand and apply company goals, processes, and procedures, and work well as a team player. Organized, complete paperwork is a must.
- Strong office technology skills, strong written and verbal communication skills. Any graphic design skills or photography skills are a plus.
We will set attainable monthly goals for new accounts and for management of existing accounts on sales and customer service.
While prior plant or horticulture and design background is a plus, this company will provide plant and design training for the successful candidate. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We are a small but thriving independently-owned business in operation for 40 years, with big goals for 2017 and beyond. If you are looking to make an above average income selling a product that is environmentally positive, backed up by award-winning service, we want to hear from you!
San Diego/Southern California candidates preferred. No relocation.
Email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plant Technician: San Diego’s premiere plantscape design and service company is always looking for part-time or full-time plant technicians to maintain tropical plants, decorative containers and color for commercial and residential clients in San Diego County. EXPERIENCED PREFERRED BUT WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. Applicants must pass security background, drug and alcohol tests and must have a clean DMV record.
Technician will need to:
- Have prior plant knowledge, particularly regarding the health, maintenance and pest management of containerized plants
- Have excellent communication skills
- Speak and understand English proficiently
- Be a self-starter and show initiative
- Be able to read a map and follow a daily route while driving safely
- Have impeccable customer service skills
- Be energetic and have a natural love for plants
- Be outgoing and a great team player
- Be flexible to schedule changes and responsibilities
- Be in good physical condition for walking and carrying heavy objects, bending, climbing and be able to spend 6 hours a day on your feet
- Be prompt, detailed and organized with paperwork
- Be able to multi task while remaining efficient
- Be neat, clean and always maintain a professional appearance
- Have a great driving record
- Be able to listen and apply directions, maintain an attention to detail, and possess overall common sense
- Be responsible and trustworthy
- Have a pleasant and positive attitude
To apply: email your cover letter, resume, and salary history to: email@example.com
Internships at Good Earth Plant Company / GreenScaped Buildings
Are you a college student interested in getting experience in Marketing, City Planning, Horticulture, or Human Resources? Good Earth Plants and GreenScaped Building offers multiple flexible unpaid internships for students seeking experience and internship credit.
To apply: email erin@GoodEarthPlants.com