Careers at Good Earth Plant Company / GreenScaped Buildings
Headquartered in San Diego, Good Earth Plant Company and GreenScaped Buildings leads the way in improving the quality of life in the home and workplace environment by bringing people and plants together.
Our business is plantscaping. We look for open-minded, energetic, honest people who work well both individually and as a team players. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex or sexual preferences, age, national origin or disability.
Good Earth Plant Company and GreenScaped Buildings offer career opportunities in Design, Sales, Service, Installations, and Administration. Whether you are looking for a job in operations or interested in getting out in the field as a Sales & Design Consultant, Installer, or Service Technician, we would like to offer you the opportunity to talk with us about your future in the green industry.
Operations Supervisor Good Earth Plants has an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate Operations Supervisor. You will use the environment as your canvas to provide functional and beautiful spaces for people to enjoy at their office, business, or home. You and your team will provide excellent customer service ensuring all Good Earth Plants clients are happy.
The Operations Supervisor will design, implement and oversee strategic programs and policies for the Operations staff, employee training and development, customer relations and customer service standards, provide design expertise for new projects, and oversee all installations and maintenance for interior plantscaping and exterior landscape projects. You will define short- and long-term strategies for your department, as well as ensure an alignment between operations and the business strategy. The work will require analysis and use of independent judgment with access to confidential information and contacts requiring discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
Supervision of the workers will involve scheduling work crews, planning daily work activities, and monitoring the work being done. You will also be responsible for training workers, especially on safety procedures when large equipment or hazardous materials are involved.
Other responsibilities include meeting with clients to develop or refine plans for projects, which may include landscaping structures (e.g., living walls, irrigation, and lighting), negotiating prices for plants, equipment, and labor, overseeing contractors, and managing maintenance of vehicles and equipment. You will work with sales staff in designs and estimating costs for proposals.
Plant Technician: San Diego’s premiere plantscape design and service company is always looking for part-time or full-time plant technicians to maintain tropical plants, decorative containers and color for commercial and residential clients in San Diego County. EXPERIENCED PREFERRED BUT WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. Applicants must pass security background, drug and alcohol tests and must have a clean DMV record.
Technician will need to:
- Have prior plant knowledge, particularly regarding the health, maintenance and pest management of containerized plants
- Have excellent communication skills
- Speak and understand English proficiently
- Be a self-starter and show initiative
- Be able to read a map and follow a daily route while driving safely
- Have impeccable customer service skills
- Be energetic and have a natural love for plants
- Be outgoing and a great team player
- Be flexible to schedule changes and responsibilities
- Be in good physical condition for walking and carrying heavy objects, bending, climbing and be able to spend 6 hours a day on your feet
- Be prompt, detailed and organized with paperwork
- Be able to multi task while remaining efficient
- Be neat, clean and always maintain a professional appearance
- Have a great driving record
- Be able to listen and apply directions, maintain an attention to detail, and possess overall common sense
- Be responsible and trustworthy
- Have a pleasant and positive attitude
To apply: email your cover letter, resume, and salary history to: email@example.com
Internships at Good Earth Plant Company / GreenScaped Buildings
Are you a college student interested in getting experience in Marketing, City Planning, Horticulture, or Human Resources? Good Earth Plants and GreenScaped Building offers multiple flexible unpaid internships for students seeking experience and internship credit.
To apply: email erin@GoodEarthPlants.com