Careers at Good Earth Plant Company
Headquartered in San Diego, Good Earth Plant Company leads the way in improving the quality of life in the home and workplace environment by bringing people and plants together. We love what we do – we get to make people happy every day.
Our business is enriching peoples’ lives with plants. We look for enthusiastic, outgoing, energetic, honest people who work well both individually and as team players. If you have a green thumb, it’s a plus – but we’ll train you if you’re the kind of person with a smile on your face every day!
Best of all – you aren’t going to sit inside at a desk all day! You’ll be out meeting our wonderful clients, or putting your creative skills to use. If you like the same routine every day, we’re not the place for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex or sexual preferences, age, national origin or disability.
Good Earth Plant Company offers career opportunities in design, sales, customer service, installation, and administration. Whether you are looking for a job in operations or interested in getting out in the field as a sales and design consultant, service technician, or horticultural technician, we would like to talk with you about your future in the green industry.
Current Career Opportunities
San Diego’s premiere plantscape design and service company is always looking for part-time or full-time plant technicians to maintain tropical plants, decorative containers and color for commercial and residential clients in San Diego County. EXPERIENCED PREFERRED BUT WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT CANDIDATE. Applicants must pass security background, drug and alcohol tests and must have a clean DMV record.
- A positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- Have excellent communication skills
- Speak and understand English proficiently
- Be a self-starter and show initiative
- Be able to read a map and follow a daily route while driving safely
- Have impeccable customer service skills
- Be energetic and have a natural love for plants
- Be outgoing and a great team player
- Be flexible to schedule changes and responsibilities
- Be in good physical condition for walking and carrying heavy objects, bending, climbing, and be able to spend 6 hours a day on your feet
- Be prompt, detailed, and organized with paperwork
- Be able to multi-task while remaining efficient
- Be neat, clean, and always maintain a professional appearance
- Have a great driving record
- Be able to listen and apply directions, maintain an attention to detail, and possess overall common sense
- Be responsible and trustworthy
- Prior plant knowledge, particularly regarding the health, maintenance, and pest management of containerized plants is a PLUS – but we will train the right person!
To apply: email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com
Sales and Design Representative:
Good Earth Plant Company is looking for an experienced salesperson. You will be selling tropical plants, decorative containers, plant maintenance, seasonal color, living walls, moss walls, rooftop gardens, and many types of plant maintenance plans to businesses and organizations.
This is not just a job opportunity—it’s a career opportunity. As an industry leader, our 40-year old company is looking to expand our business with energetic, creative people who know how to sell great products and services.
We’re looking for creative and experienced sales professionals who know how to close a sale, and who know design: how to read a floor plan, size, proportion, color combinations. We can train you in specific plant knowledge if your sales skills are sharp and you’re eager to learn.
You will use your cold calling skills to meet and present interior plant design ideas to commercial and residential clients. A few examples: law offices, accounting firms, insurance companies, corporate centers, office building lobbies, hotels, shopping malls, banks, hospitals, retail sites, and high-end homes.
- Solid, verifiable, prior history of outside sales with an emphasis on new business development.
- Strong prospecting and cold calling skills.
- Friendly attitude with the ability to create and maintain relationships while closing sales.
- Self-starter, organized, able to balance your workday in order to make presentations, create proposals, and schedule new appointments through phone or in person cold calling.
- Must understand and apply company goals, processes, and procedures, and work well as a team player. Organized, complete paperwork is a must.
- Strong office technology skills, strong written and verbal communication skills. Any graphic design skills or photography skills are a plus.
We will set attainable monthly goals for new accounts and for management of existing accounts on sales and customer service.
While prior plant or horticulture and design background is a plus, this company will provide plant and design training for the successful candidate. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Good Earth Plant Company is a small but thriving independently-owned business with an outstanding reputation not only in San Diego but across the United States. We have been in operation for more than 40 years, but we still have big goals for our future. If you are looking to make an above-average income selling a product that is environmentally positive, backed up by award-winning service, we want to hear from you!
San Diego/Southern California candidates preferred. No relocation.
To apply: Email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships at Good Earth Plant Company
Are you a college student interested in getting experience in horticulture, biophilic design, interior design, or urban planning? Do you have an interest in putting your photography skills to use? Good Earth Plant Company offers multiple flexible volunteer internships for students seeking experience and internship credit.
To apply: email email@example.com