It is (already!) Thanksgiving 2016, and I’m thankful for many people in my life. Thanksgiving is a good time to let them know.
I’m thankful for:
• My folks: far from perfect, but great role models and teachers. They set a good standard and give me plenty to both admire and laugh about.
• My son Ted: just enough of me in him to make me proud, just enough “other” to make him interesting. He is going to save the world. You watch.
• My daughter Allie: although she tries to deny it, she is way too much like me – plus smart, capable and talented. I can’t wait to see what she creates.
• My sister Monica, and by extension her husband Scott. I get unwavering support and love, and she has utilized her cast HR skills to my benefit.
• The rest of my family. They’re all good, interesting and educated people and accept me being me. They inspire me.
• My former wife Mary: she changed my life then gave me two beautiful children and remains a great mom to them.
• My crew at work. It’s not always easy, but they get the job done, make our clients happy and give me the faith and trust that I don’t need to constantly look over their shoulder or worry when I’m not there.
• Mighty Mindy, who allows me to rant and rave, discuss business and has taught me more about wine than I thought possible.
• All of my friends, too numerous to mention, who greet me with a smile and humor me while I attempt to inform, entertain or learn from them. Priceless!
• My friend and trainer Mark.
• My doc Ned and his staff.
• My chiropractor and friends Shawn and Patrick, and masseuse Danny.
• Julia, the most fantastic house cleaner imaginable. She will clean anything for me, does all my laundry, repairs rips and holes, packs my suitcase, brings me fresh tortillas and even cooks my breakfast!
• My PR pro, Gayle who has not only put me “on the map,” but writes for me better than I can write for myself. And she has my back.
• My amazing jeweler Larry and my cobbler Pablo.
• My “keeps me out of trouble” insurance guy Jeff.
• My “fix anything” IT guy Chris.
• My accountant Monica and bookkeeper Burt.
• My new business partner, Rodger, and our exciting new project. Stay tuned!
• All of the people in my industry and the numerous organizations I belong to. They inspire me and help whenever I ask. I hope I help them as much.
• My “show buddies” Bill, Bill and Peter. We see each other but once or twice a year, but always a good time.
• My health, pretty good for 59; and my mind. I’m not remembering things like I used to, but it is still curious, creative and full of humor. I still retain a sense of awe.
• My joy of beauty, art and nature and always ready to travel to see and experience different places.
• My house, my car, my business.
• Living in San Diego. Expensive yes, but paradise no less.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. What are YOU thankful for? Tell us in the comments section.